Monday, March 16, 2009

Gift from the heart

After a particularly harrowing few days, one day at the office, Jamie aka Paris asked me to close my eyes and put my hands out. I had no clue what she was going to give me - chocolate? I wondered.

No, it was a beautiful Tsongkhapa pendant!!!! It was the one I liked best of the pendants which Rinpoche showed us in the Ladrang awhile back. I was dumbfounded - how.. why?

It turned out that on Sunday evening (or early on Monday morning as is usually the case in the land of Ladrang), Rinpoche played the hunting game, this time everyone had to look for a coin. Jamie had said that if she found it, she would give it to me - and she did!! I was told that there were two coins which were hidden. She could continue to search for the other coin and hope to get two pendants - one for me and one for herself, but if she didn't find it, she would have to give up the first pendant. She decided not to risk it and sat out when the others hunted for the coin.

How sweet of Jamie... it was really the last thing I expected to see in my palms..

I'm so glad we're close - not just because of this gift of the pendant but it's really a pleasure to go to the office and work with people you like a lot!!!

No comments: